RESNET® Combustion Safety Training – REZCAZ
RESCAZ online training is for RESNET Home Energy Raters and Rating Field Inspectors who currently certified as a BPI Building Analyst and need to meet the certification update requirements for RESNET Combustion Safety Testing.
Instructor: Scott Doyle
Online | Self Paced | 4 – 8 hours
This streamlined online version, catered for professionals who are certified as BPI Building Analysts, will cover RESNET’s combustion safety standard. It will provide participants with critical details about the differences between the RESNET and BPI combustion safety testing standards. In addition, it will provide extensive practice in the RESCAZ simulator, and a practice exam to prepare for the RESNET Combustion Safety written exam.
The EnergyLogic Academy is proud to partner with Interplay Energy. Interplay Energy develops award-winning, 3-D interactive simulation training and testing applications for the professional trade industries. Delivered over the web, Interplay’s products are immersive and life-like, promoting knowledge retention, improved performance, and decreased time to competency. Access to InterPlay Energy’s RESCaz simulation is provided with this course.
Credits & Attendance
In order for EnergyLogic to setup your exams, and to receive a certificate of completion, you must complete the entire online training. This includes completing:
Who Should Attend:
All Raters and RFIs must take and pass the written and simulation exams before 2015.
- Professionals that maintain active HERS Rating Field Inspector certification.
- Professionals that maintain active HERS Rater Certification with a RESNET HERS Provider.
- Professionals who already have experience with the diagnostic equipment associated with combustion safety training.*
- Individuals who are able to setup their own proctored exam outside of EnergLogic through a community college, library, or testing center.
* Raters must provide EnergyLogic a current BPI Building Analyst certificate.
- Understand how changes to building enclosure, along with air flows in and through a home can have negative impacts on combustion appliances.
- Learn how to test combustion appliances to find limits of safe operation.
- Explore the new RESNET standard for combustion safety testing.
- Prepare for the RESNET Written Exam and RESNET RESCaz Simulated Exam.
Students are not required to purchase any textbooks or materials. Any necessary resources will be distributed in the course.
- Online training
- RESNET written examination fee ($50.00) *
- InterPlay Energy RESCaz Training & Exam ($199.00) *
*Students must set up proctored exams with a local community college, testing center, or library.
The written exam is a 2-hour timed exam with 25 question requiring a passing grade of 80% or higher. The simulated practical exam requires a score of 85% or higher.
With the purchase of this course you will be given access to the RESCaz trainer in order to get familiar with the system. We encourage lots of practice in the RESCaz trainer prior to attempting the exam.
After you enroll in the course you will receive an email with login credentials to the EnergyLogic Academy learning management system. You can start the course at any time. However, because we are required to manually process your enrollment into the RESCaz simulator you will only receive credentials for this system Monday – Friday between 9:00am and 5:00pm Mountain Standard Time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we are actively working to find a solution.
By enrolling in our self-paced, open enrollment course, you will have 90 days to complete the training. You can complete the training at your own pace, and you do not need to take the whole enrollment period if it is not needed.