LEED 101: Green Building Basics & LEEDThis course is intended for those who are new to green building and looking to learn the basics of green building and LEED.
LEED 101: Green Building Basics & LEED
The course offers an introduction to USGBC, green building principles and the fundamentals of the LEED Rating System. It includes topics on climate change and building impacts; motivators for green building; and integrative versus conventional approaches – and the associated benefits – to building design, construction and operations. You will leave this course with a basic understanding of the intent, concepts and terms for each LEED credit category, as well as green building best practices, regulations and incentives. This course is for those seeking to learn only the basics. If you want to learn about LEED in greater detail, including specific strategies, metrics and standards – or if you are pursuing the LEED Green Associate credential – consider our LEED 201: Core Concepts & Strategies course.
Upon successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe green building and the role of USGBC and LEED
- Recognize the intents of each LEED Credit Category
- Explain key sustainability terms and concepts
- Identify green building best practices
- Examine cutting-edge examples of green building
- Explain cost considerations
- Recognize your role in green building
Interested in other LEED courses? Check out our Homes 401 course here!