Green Rater Training: Homes 401
“What a course GBC has set up for itself with this program! And you all have been super-helpful – helping me navigate it all, GREAT test prep, helping me get my arms around it all, and Carissa’s excellent 2-day class in lovely Berthoud. Yeah, I put the hours in. AND everything you have in place enabled me to walk into the testing center today and pass seamlessly. EL truly is a premier educator for those of us working to make the built environment better.”
- Melissa Baldridge, GreenSpot
Green Rater Training: Homes 401
Our offering of the Homes 401 training is on hold for the remainder of 2013, as our instructor is on maternity leave. We are looking forward to starting back up this offering in 2014 - see you then!
Green Rater Simulated Exam
This course is intended for those who have been studying for the Green Rater exam and want to test their knowledge by taking a simulated exam. By registering in this course, you will receive 2 attempts at an exam that pulls from a bank of over 300 questions.
Green Rater Exam Preparation Course
This course is intended for those who are wanting a full preparation experience for the Green Rater exam. This course includes studying resources and unlimited access to smaller, topic-specific quizzes and the simulated exam that pulls from a bank of over 300 questions.
The two-part LEED for Homes Green Rater Training is designed to prepare qualified participants to provide verification services on LEED for Homes projects. Applicants must meet initial qualifications and complete a two-part training.
Part 1 of the training consists of five (5) self-guided online training modules that introduce you to the roles and responsibilities of a LEED for Homes Green Rater, discuss applicable technical concepts, discuss verification specifics for various building types, and introduce the participant to the tools and resources that Green Raters will use.
Part 2 consist of a two-day instructor-led workshop. This highly interactive workshop builds upon the material presented in the online course, further preparing you to rate on LEED for Homes projects, and delves deep into the verification services you will provide.
Following the training, participants will be eligible to register and take the LEED for Homes Green Rater exam, administered through the Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI). Those who pass the exam may proceed to complete the required mentorship. Upon successful completion of the mentorship, the participant will be awarded the LEED for Homes Green Rater Certificate.
The following are key steps to becoming a LEED for Homes Green Rater:
A candidate pursuring the Certificate must:
- Meet the minimum eligibility qualifications.
- Download eligibility qualifications document: visit Green Rater Certificate Track to find this form. You must complete, sign, and send this form (and the specified documentation) to email@example.com prior to attending the 2-day workshop. Applicants who do not meet all requirements will NOT be eligible to become LEED for Homes Green Raters and should not proceed with registration.
- Complete ONE of the following:
- LEED for Homes Program Review Webinar Series (submit copies of all 6 webinar certificates)
- Earn LEED AP Homes Credential (submit copy of GBCI certificate)
- Appropriate documentation to prove completion of one of the above options must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5 business days prior to attending the 2-day workshop
- Complete the LEED for Homes Green Rater Training:
- Part 1: Full series of self-guided online learning modules (approximately 5 hours) and
- Part 2: Instructor-led LEED for Homes Green Rater Workshop (two full days)
- Register, take, and pass the LEED for Homes Green Rater exam administered by the Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI). (Cost for this step includes an additional $50 registration fee and a $250 exam fee). A certificate of completion will not be issued to a student if they miss any portion of the live course.
- Obtain exam completion certificate from GBCI.
- Complete the required components of LEED for Homes Green Rater Mentorship within 24 months of passing the exam. The mentorship components are done under direct oversight of a LEED for Homes Provider organization. It is strongly recommended that the applicant establish a working relationship with a Provider as early as possible within the LEED for Homes Green Rater pathway.
- Obtain LEED for Homes Green Rater Certificate from GBCI
As part of registration, you will be asked to select the workshop you will attend. Upon registration, you will receive an email with access to Part 1: Self-guided Online Modules 1.1-1.5. The email will also contain additional program information.
REMINDER: All required documents must be sent to email@example.com no later than 5 business days prior to attending the second part of this training (Part 2: Instructor-led LEED for Homes Green Rater Workshop).
- Identify responsibilities of a LEED for Homes Green Rater in each phase of a project
- Manage and conduct verification activities
- Effectively use the project checklist file
- Communicate effectively with project teams and LEED for Homes Providers
- Apply the sampling protocol on applicable projects
- Prepare accurate and complete certification submittal packages
The following are the current Training Programs that are available through EnergyLogic Academy to meet the minimum eligibility qualifications:
- Building Science Basics