RESCAZ- RESNET Combustion Safety Training: CO
The health and safety of the home energy auditor’s clients should be the top priority when developing work scopes for a home. The changes that are made to the building enclosure, along with air flows in and through a home can have negative impacts on combustion appliances. Understanding this relationship is step one. Understanding how to test combustion appliances to find limits of safe operation is step two. In this course we will explore the new RESNET standard for combustion safety testing.
This course is designed for professionals that maintain active HERS Rating Field Inspector or HERS Rater certification with a RESNET HERS Provider. All Raters and RFIs must take and pass the written and simulation exams before 2015.
The EnergyLogic Academy is offering three pathways for existing RESNET Home Energy Raters and Rating Field Inspectors to meet the certification update requirements for RESNET Combustion Safety Testing. Our desire is to provide flexibility in meeting this new requirement while ensuring that the professionals in our industry receive proper training. We strongly believe that everyone should have hands-on time with the equipment and testing processes. However, we also recognize that many Raters already have the skill with the equipment and processes.
- Option 1 – Online Only ($349.00): The cost of this course includes the exams fees paid directly to RESNET for the RESNET Combustion Safety Written Exam($50.00) and the RESNET Combustion Safety Simulated Practical Exam ($199.00). The first option is only available to Raters that can provide documentation of field training with the diagnostic equipment associated with combustion safety training. In order to qualify for this option candidates need to provide documentation of BPI Building Analyst certification.
- Option 2 – Online + 1 Day Field Labs ($649.00) – 12 Hours of RESNET Professional Development: The second option includes all of the elearning materials, testing fees, plus a full day of combustion safety testing labs. It requires that participants setup proctored exam outside of EnergyLogic through a community college, library, or testing center. EnergyLogic will provide instructions on this process.
- Option 3 – Online + 1 Day Field Labs + 1 Day Test Prep & Test Proctoring ($799.00) - 12 Hours of RESNET Professional Development: The third option includes all of the elearning materials, testing fees, a full day of combustion safety testing labs, and a day of test preparation, instructor-led practice with the RESCaz simulator, and proctoring for both the written and simulated exam.
All of the different options require that the online portion of the class be completed in the EnergyLogic Academy learning management system. This can be done from the comfort of your home or office and includes:
- Learning Resource – Combustion Safety Overview
- Learning Resource – RESNET Combustion Safety Testing
- Activity – InterPlay Energy’s RESCaz Simulator Training
- Social – Hall of Shame
- 25 Question Practice Exam
The EnergyLogic Academy is proud to partner with Interplay Energy. Interplay Energy develops award-winning, 3-D interactive simulation training and testing applications for the professional trade industries. Delivered over the web, Interplay’s products are immersive and life-like, promoting knowledge retention, improved performance, and decreased time to competency. Access to InterPlay Energy’s RESCaz simulation is provided with this course.
Field Training – Combustion Safety Labs (Included in Options 2 & 3)
The field training labs are designed to maximize students time with the diagnostic equipment and one-on-one time with the instructor. This will be a full day of labs and include:
- 12-Hours of RESNET Professional Development
- Classroom – Review Schedule, Expectations, Introductions
- Gas Leak Detection Lab
- Worst Case Depressurization Lab
- Combustion Safety Testing Lab
- Works Scope Development
Field Training – Review and Exam Proctoring (Included in Option 3)
- 12-Hours of RESNET Professional Development
- Written Exam Review & Prep
- RESCaz Group Exercise
- Proctored RESNET Written Exam
- Proctored RESCaz Simulated Exam
All of the options outlined include the fees for the RESNET Combustion Safety Written Exam and RESCaz Simulated Practical exams. However, only option 3 includes proctoring by EnergyLogic. Options one and two require that participants setup proctored exam outside of EnergyLogic through a community college, library, or testing center. EnergyLogic will provide instructions on this process.
The written exam is a 2-hour timed exam with 25 question requiring a passing grade of 80% or higher. The simulated practical exam requires a score of 85% or higher.
With the purchase of this course you will be given access to the RESCaz trainer in order to get familiar with the system. We encourage lots of practice in the RESCaz trainer prior to attempting the exam.
After you enroll in the course you will receive an email with login credentials to the EnergyLogic Academy learning management system. You can start the course at any time. However, because we are required to manually process your enrollment into the RESCaz simulator you will only receive credentials for this system Monday – Friday between 9:00am and 5:00pm Mountain Standard Time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we are actively working to find a solution.