WaterSense Inspector Training
EPA WaterSense Inspector - Self-Paced Training
Becoming a WaterSense Inspector is the first step to helping your builders build water efficient homes. Successful completion of this training is the first step to becoming a WaterSense Inspector.
WaterSense is a partnership program sponsored by the EPA to promote water efficient products and practices across the country. The WaterSense label makes it easy to find products and services that save water while ensuring performance. The EPA created WaterSense to help protect the future of our nation’s water supply.
Because residential water use accounts for more than half of the publicly supplied water in the United States, WaterSense has a specification for single-family new homes that use 20% less water than a typical new home. A WaterSense labeled home is a marketing tool that can help new homeowners save water now, pay less for utilities every month, and protect resources for future generations.
Becoming a WaterSense Inspector is the first step to helping your builders build water efficient homes. This training will enable you to become a WaterSense Inspector. By partnering with a WaterSense Licensed Certification Provider, you will have the ability to certify homes for the WaterSense program.
Certification as a WaterSense inspector is a three-step process:
- Step 1: Complete a WaterSense Inspector course to receive a certificate of completion
- Step 2: Select a WaterSense Provider (RESNET WaterSense Providers)
- Step 3: Complete the required Probationary inspection—The WaterSense Provider you select will require that you perform a minimum of three inspections, which they will review to determine whether you are prepared to receive your formal certification or if additional field training is needed
EnergyLogic Academy Course Outline
The EnergyLogic Academy utilizes a learning management system to host the WaterSense Inspector training. This course is a self-paced course with learning resources, activities, and quizzes. The course should take between 4 and 8 hours to complete and consists of 2 modules:
- Module 1: This module is designed to briefly introduce you to the purpose of the Inspector training and the WaterSense program overall. During this module, we will introduce you to the WaterSense New Homes Program and the roles and responsibilities of the various stakeholders.
- Module 2: This module will provide in-depth coverage of the requirements and inspection processes. In addition, it will cover the quality assurance requirements of the program.
Each module will consist of learning resources, activities, and a 25 question quiz. You need to complete all items in each of the modules, including testing on your own residence. Please make sure to complete all items in the course to receive a certificate of completion from the EnergyLogic Academy.
Your enrollment in the course begins immediately after purchase and you have 14 days to complete the materials outlined above. You will receive two emails from the EnergyLogic Academy. One will contain instructions, links, and credentials to access the course. The second will be an invoice for the purchase of the course.
Completing testing on a house of your choice is part of this course. All of the items needed for this task can be found at your local hardware store. Please see the Materials List document below for a complete listing of what you will need.