RESNET® HERS Rater Training – Phase 2
There is nothing like spending time in the field with an experienced trainer to cement your classroom knowledge and prepare you for the “real” world of the HERS Rater. The field training provides participants with hands-on training with diagnostic equipment and testing processes, as well as one-on-one access to top-notch instructors. This is the second phase of the RESNET HERS Rater training.
Attention Mac Users
The REM/Rate program and SketchUp plugins in this course will not work on the Mac/Apple operating system.
Learn more about computer requirements here.
The field portion of HERS Rater Training is 4 days of field training designed to introduce the HERS Rater inspection processes and diagnostic testing. During the field training we will complete 2 practice ratings according to the RESNET training standard. Practice ratings will be performed on an existing and new home.
This is an instructor facilitated course. Students will have one-on-one instruction on the testing equipment. Much of the field work will be done in a group setting where peer to peer interaction is used to complete the practice ratings.
Credits & Attendance
You will meet the course’s learning objectives through a combination of the following activities in this course:
- Purchase and practice using the RESCAZ Simulator prior to attending the field training.
- Review the blower door, duct blaster, and pressure diagnostic, CST, and Work Scope modules prior to attending class.
- Participate fully in the labs.
- Engage in the one-on-one coaching with the instructors.
- Assume a leadership role when necessary: voluntarily help other students when you have knowledge they don’t have.
- Approach the course with a desire to learn
- Complete the practice ratings.
- To complete this course you must attend all four days of the course for the entire time.
Field | Four Days